Thursday, January 25, 2007

Toyama in Japan     by T. Yoshida


I am introducing my hometown, Toyama.
Toyama is located in the center of Japan.
Toyama has many beautiful view points.
There are many old traditional houses in the Gokayama region.


They are world heritage sites.
In summer, many climbers go to the North Alps.
Mt.Tateyama and Mt.Tsurugi are very famous.
They are about 3 thousand meters high.



Some big rivers come down from the Alps, like the Kurobe River and Ginzu River , Syo River so on.


So, water and Japanese Sake are very delicious.
Vegetables, fruits and fish are very fresh.
We can eat them in every season.
Kazeno bon festival is very elegant and sweet.
The dance and music , song are very nice.
So, Toyama is a good place to live.
I am very happy that I was born in Toyama.
This year, a new high way line (Tokai-Hokuriku line) will be opened to Toyama.
And in the near future, the Hokuriku-Shinkansen will be opened to Toyama.
Toyama will be closer to Narita air port.I hope that many travelers from the world will visit and enjoy Toyama.

3 comments:

mkana said...

The pictures are beautiful! I've been to Gokayama very often, but I've never climbed high mountains. Maybe someday...

reiko said...

I've climbed many mountains befor.
I really love climbing mountains.
I walked from Kamikochi to Arimine with my husband about 25 years ago. I could see nice view of mountains.

Kirsten said...

Toyama is beautiful!! I'm so glad I live here and not a big city or more urban area. I've been able to enjoy all the things you mentioned!! It's a very unique area of Japan. And the best part...there are no tourists to share it with!! It's a secret!